What's this all about then?

Relove My Fashion


Hello. My name is Maria and I am a charity shop addict.




No New Clothes in 2018


I decided to buy no new clothes this year.This started as a money saving exercise; I would only allow myself to buy second hand from either charity or vintage shops. But also I was finding myself getting lost down the rabbit hole of social media, following great fashion accounts showing the latest high street fashion trends. They were starting to make me feel, well, miserable.


Why didn’t I have these items?
How come everyone else has loads of money to spend on clothes?
It’s not fair! I never have anything to wear. My clothes are boring!


Childish much?!


Have a word with yourself!
That’s exactly what I did. I decided to pull myself together and fall in love with my wardrobe again, to stop whining about stuff that really doesn't matter. So to prove to myself that I have enough, I have set myself the challenge to wear as many different combinations of my existing wardrobe, with the odd second hand item thrown in to keep things interesting.


Saying ‘No’ to Fast Fashion
There is another side to my campaign.


This is the aspect that motivates me more than saving money.



Image result for clothes waste fast fashion

I am learning more about the devastating effects of the fast fashion industry on the factory workers and their families.
I’ve been learning more about the damage it’s doing to our planet.
So I am spending this year trying to educate myself more, trying to be happy and grateful for what I have, whilst dressing up in preloved clothes.


The Blog - what you will see here.


  • I will be sharing my journey with you! You can find my outfit posts here as well as on Social Media.
  • I will be interviewing some truly inspirational people doing similar projects and getting them to share their secrets on buying preloved and shopping your wardrobe.
  • I like to think myself as a bit of an expert in trawling the charity and vintage shops! I will be sharing my tips on how to find the best items.




Fancy getting involved?
I’d love you to get involved with my challenge! Here’s how;


When you shop your wardrobe please tag your outfit posts with #relovemyfashion so I can see and share.


Let’s all fall in love with our wardrobe again, and celebrate preloved clothes!

Comments

  1. I am also doing a no new clothes for a year on my blog (ethicalfashionblog.com) I look forward to following your journey and seeing your preloved outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! It's so nice to meet you! I will definitely be checking in on your blog too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts